"The Model School Scheme Has Been Delinked From The Support Of The Government Of India And As Such The Scheme Stands Transferred To States/UTs For Further Appropriate Action."
The State Sector component for setting up of model schools in Educa./ptionally Backward Blocks (EBBs) through State/UT Governments is being implemented from 2009-10.
The Model School scheme aims to provide quality education to talented rural children through setting up of 81 model schools in EBBs of Assam. The scheme has the following
-To have at least one good quality senior secondary school in every EBB -To have a pace setting role -To have a pace setting role -To be a model in infrastructure, curriculum, evaluation and school governance
Out of total target of 81 nos. of Model Schools, 15 nos. of Model Schools have been fully operationalized from 01st January, 2015. The main features of these schools are:-
- Initially Class I, VI & IX have been started from the academic year 2015 in 14 Model Schools.
- Principals: 1 principal has been appointed in each of 14 model schools.
- Teachers: 7 teachers (Arts, English, Assamese, Hindi, Computer Science, Maths and Science) have been appointed in each of 14 model schools. 1 Bengali teacher has been appointed in model school of Karimganj and Hailakandi in place of Assamese. Teachers appointed are TET & B.Ed. qualified. -Curriculum: All model schools have been affiliated under SEBA curriculum.
-Medium of instruction: Medium of instruction in all the 14 model school is English.
- Library: A good numbers of books have been supplied to the library of model school.
- Smart Class: 3 smart class rooms in boot model concept have been established with proper reading materials as per curriculum.
- Computer Laboratory: Each school has a fully equipped computer laboratory in thin client with a server.
- Science Laboratory: Science laboratory with required chemicals and equipment are established. In addition to the above, science kits for Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Mathematics have been provided.
-14 Model Schools in different Educationally Backward Blocks (EBB) of Assam were operationalized from 1st January 2015
- 1 (One) Model School was operationalized from 1st January 2016 under RMSA Assam.
-National Level Standard of Infrastructure facility.
-Classes from I to X
-Affiliated under SEBA Curriculum.
-Medium of Instruction : English.
-Better Co educational learning environment.
-Well trained and smart Teaching Staff.
-Student friendly classroom facility.
-Individual care of students for all
- Special emphasis and support to CWSN and Slow learner students.
-Mid Day Meal and Free uniform facility.
- 3 Nos of Smart Class room facility with proper reading materials in each Model School
- A fully equipped computer laboratory in thin client with a server.
- Well equipped science Laboratory facility with required chemicals and equipments.
- Well prepared Library facility. - External Project of ITE under TATA Trust.
- Yoga and co curricular activities.
- In addition to the above, science kits for Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Mathematics are also provided.
Present Status of Model School at a glance:
|Model School Announced||81 Nos|
|Model School Sanctioned||76 Nos|
|Model School under Operation||15 Nos|
|Model School under Construction||31 Nos|
|Model School not yet started||29 Nos|
|Work stopped due to court case||01 No|
|List of 15 Model Schools where classes started from 1st January.docx||13.33 KB|